W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Draft Agenda F2F 16-17 July 2008

From: Sean Mullan <Sean.Mullan@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:44:42 -0400
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Cc: XMLSec WG <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, Juan Carlos Cruellas <cruellas@ac.upc.edu>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Message-id: <48600B3A.9050909@sun.com>

It looks good to me.

--Sean

Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> 
> Please review the following draft agenda for the F2F, 16-17 July 2008 
> ,and post any comment or suggestion to the list.
> 
> Please note the proposed schedule from 10-18 each day , (e.g. 10 - 6 pm). 
> 
> Thanks
> 
> 
> regards, Frederick
> 
> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
> Chair XML Security WG
> 
> ----
> 
> 
> Draft Agenda: W3C XML Security  WG (XMLSec) F2F
> 
> 16-17 July, Wednesday-Thursday, Barcelona Spain
> 
> hosted by _Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya <http://www.upc.es/>_
> 
> All times are CEST, Central European Summer Time
> http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html
> 
> 10-6 each day,  setup starting at 9:30 am each day.
> Lunch and snacks will be provided (not breakfast).
> 
> Thanks to Juan Carlos Cruellas for hosting.
> 
> Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
> Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc>
> 
> Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons and F2F is  restricted 
> to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  chair.
> 
> Please register in advance for this F2F meeting.
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/xmlsec08bcn/
> 
> Logistics information
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/barcelona.html
> 
> 1)  Welcome, Attendance/Introductions, Agenda review (10:00-10:30 am, 30 
> min)
> 
> Brief round of introductions during attendance. Agenda review.
> 
> 2) Scribing and Minutes (10:30 - 10:45 15 min)
> 
> 2a)  Scribe duties and scribe selection process
> <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/scribe-instructions.html>
> 
> 2b) Scribe volunteers for F2F:
> Wed morning (16 July am) - 
> Wed afternoon (16 July pm) -
> Thursday morning (17 July am) -
> Thursday afternoon (17 July pm) -
> 
> 3) WG Scheduling  (10:45-11:15, 30 min)
> 
> 3a) Teleconference Scheduling
> 
> Weekly, 2 hours.
> Tentatively: 10-12 Eastern Time Tuesdays.
> 
> Questionnaire results.
> 
> Decide on time.
> 
> 3b) Upcoming meetings
> 
> 3c)  Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee Meetings Week, 20 - 24  
> October 2008
> 
> XML Security scheduled Monday 20 October - Tuesday 21 October.
> 
> Schedule: _http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule_
> 
> 
> 4) Break (11:15 - 11:30, 15 min)
> 
> 5) Introduction to W3C, W3C process and Tools [Thomas Roessler] (11:30 - 
> 12:00, 30 min) 
> am ET)
> 
> W3C, Process, Consensus, IPR
> 
> Good standing
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#good-standing>
> 
> IRC <http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/>
> web based interface: <http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc>
> 
> Zakim <http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim>
> 
> Tracker <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/>
> 
> Bugzilla <http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/>
> 
> xmlspec http://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/
> 
> 6) Charter Review (12:00 - 12:30, 30 minutes)
> 
> We will review the charter which outlines the work of the working group.
> http://www.w3.org/2008/02/xmlsec-charter.html
> 
> 7) WG project planning (12:30 - 13:00, 30 minutes)
> 
> 8) Lunch (13:00-14:00, 1 hour)
> 
> 9). Tools decisions and volunteers (14:00 - 15:00, 1 hr)
> 
> 9a) We will use IRC, Zakim and RRSAgent.  Scribing using RRSAgent in IRC
> 
> 9b) Minutes process
> 
> 9c) Action tracking using tracker
> 
> 9d) Issues list management 
> Mechanism
> Need volunteer to maintain issues list, present and track issues.
> 
> 9e) Editing practices,  tools and approach
> Editor volunteers - use cases and requirements.
> 
> 10) Original XML Signature and XML Encryption use case and requirements 
> review (15:00 - 15:45 , 45 min)
> 
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-requirements
> 
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-encryption-req
> 
> 11) Break (15:45 - 16:00 , 15 min)
> 
> 12) Review and discuss Workshop results (16:00 - 17:00, 1 hour)
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/report.html
> 
> 13) XML Signature and Encryption Algorithm review (17:00-17:30, 30 min)
> 
> 14) Review and Plans for tomorrow (17:30- 18:00, 30 min)
> 
> 15)  Recess (18:00pm )
> 
> Thursday 17 July 2008
> 
> 16) Arrival and setup (9:30 am)
> 
> 17) Reconvene & Administrivia (10:00-10:15 am, 15 minutes)
> 
> 18) New Use Cases and Requirements (10:15 - 11:15, 1 hour)
> 
> 19) Break (11:15 - 11:30 am, 15 min)
> 
> 20)  Transform and Reference Processing (11:30 - 12:30, 1 hour)
> 
> 21)   Business carried forward from XML Security Maintenance WG (12:30 - 
> 13:00, 30 min)
> 
> 21a) Best Practices
> 
> Summarize status, moving CVS location?
> Editors - Pratik, other?
> 
> 21b) Relax NG schema
> 
> Status
> 
> 21c) XML Signature, Second Edition RFC
> 
> Status
> 
> 21d) Action review
> 
> open] ACTION-158: Thomas Roessler to RNG Schema: Check on status with 
> customer. - due 2008-06-17
> 
> [open] ACTION-166: Thomas Roessler to Re-run tests with updated RNG 
> compact schema - due 2008-06-17
> 
> [open] ACTION-168: Thomas Roessler to install tracker instance for 
> upcoming WG - due 2008-07-01
> 
> Completed
> 
> [open] ACTION-169: Thomas Roessler to Produce updated cheat sheet - due 
> 2008-06-17
> 
> [open] ACTION-170: Thomas Roessler to Update XML Signature errata to 
> reflect RFC version's reference changes, based on input from Don 
> Eastlake - due 2008-06-24
> 
> 22) Lunch (13:00 - 14:00 pm, 1 hour)
> 
> 23) Requirements, including backward compatibility, versioning  (14:00 - 
> 15:00, 1 hour)
> 
> 24) XML 1.1 and XML Core updates  (15:00 - 15:30 , 30 minutes)
> 
> 25)  Break (15:30-15:45, 15 min)
> 
> 26)  EXI and other external requirements. (15:45 - 16:15, 30 minutes)
> 
> 27) Additional Use cases and requirements (16:15 - 17:15 1 hour)
> 
> Presentation (?) and discussion
> 
> 28) Coordination with other groups (17:15 - 17:30, 15 min)
> 
> Volunteers?
> 
> 29) F2F review, WG Next steps, Issue and Action review (17:30 - 18:00, 
> 30 min)
> 
> 30) Adjourn (18:00)
> 
> ---
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 23 June 2008 20:45:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:53 GMT