From: public-xmlsec-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xmlsec-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Frederick Hirsch
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 8:08 AM
To: Kelvin Yiu
Cc: XMLSec WG Public List; Frederick Hirsch
Subject: Re: Algorithms draft posted

Thanks for updating the algorithms draft Kelvin.

One question -  Did you mean to leave DSAwithSHA1 required?

Required DSAwithSHA1 (DSS)
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig# dsa-sha1

or to make it optional (in section 6.1)?

Does earlier text in 4.4.2 suggest that it is no longer required?
(The change in patent status for RSA since the original XML Signature
draft could imply a change in this requirement)