W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > December 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-12-02 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:18:35 -0500
Message-Id: <FCE7C781-0C8C-4AF5-92B7-5B187B20352E@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 2 December 2008
Distributed Meeting #13

v2: update regrets, add proposals and discussion items sent to list,  
update re web page, upcoming meetings, scribing

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted  
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets:  Juan Carlos Cruellas, Konrad Lanz

see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Scott Cantor is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

23 December, 30 December 2008 Teleconferences have been cancelled

Next meeting 9 December, Hal Lockhart is scheduled to scribe.
16 December John Wray is scheduled to scribe.

F2F 13-14 January
Logistics
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Nov/0035.html  
(Pratik)

Set up registration questionnaire now?
Remember travel arrangements.

1c) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Draft Errata for WS-Policy Framework Recommendation and Primer Note  
(Frederick)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2008Nov/0002.html

1d) Announcements

NIST requests public comments on revision of FIPS 186-3 (DSS) (Thomas)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0053.html

2) Minutes Approval

2a) Minutes from 18 November 2008 for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/11/18-xmlsec-minutes

3) Issues

No new issues.

ISSUE-72 closed, requirement for DTD solved (up to WG, though preferred)

4) Public Web site update

4a) Link to comments list, announce best practices publication (Thomas)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Nov/0034.html

4b) Updated public page (Shivaram)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Nov/0033.html

5) Requirements

5a) Draft updated

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0044.html  
(Frederick)

5b) Add requirements related to web services

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0036.html  
(Hal)

5c) Requirements related to streaming

Add section with link to transforms document.

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/transform-note/Overview.html

Review and discussion of transforms document - comment, changes?

5d) Signature Metadata Requirements

ISSUE-32, http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/32

Which metadata should be conveyed with signature? How?
Examples: Profile level, version, other?
Separate from long-term signatures

5e) Whitespace requirements/simplification

TBD

6) 1.1 Draft

6a) Draft update - Algorithms (Kelvin)

Please review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.htm

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/xmldsig-ecc.xsd

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview_diff.htm


Still require DSAwithSHA1? (Frederick)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Dec/0000.html

6b) Update for certificate encoding (Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0050.html

7) Best Practices

7a) Certificate encoding update (Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0050.html

7b) Default attributes in XML Signature

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0054.html  
(Magnus)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0055.html  
(Sean)

8) Improvements to XML Signature schema (Scott)

ISSUE-43, http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/43

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0049.html  
(Scott)

9) Profiling XPath for simplification

Review options and proposals

10) Action Item Review

10a) Close Pending actions
[pending review] ACTION-24: Scott Cantor to Review schema for  
improvements - due 2008-11-30 [on ISSUE-43]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/24


[pending review] ACTION-87: Thomas Roessler to Add link to comment  
list to public page - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/87


[pending review] ACTION-96: Thomas Roessler to Send kelvin information  
about editing tools - due 2008-11-30 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/96


[pending review] ACTION-108: Scott Cantor to Provide Proposal re  
Consolidated Certificate Encoding Proposal - due 2008-11-25 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/108


[pending review] ACTION-109: Frederick Hirsch to Add Magnus' work to  
Requirements Document - due 2008-11-25 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/109


10b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

11) Best Practices (Deferred)

11a) Comments from Juan Carlos (Deferred)

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/best-practices/comments-bhill-jcc.html 
  (Edited document)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0020.html  
(Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0030.html  
(Juan Carlos)

12) Requirements  (Deferred)

12a) Long Term Signatures (Deferred)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Nov/0006.html  
(Juan Carlos)

13) Other Business

14) Adjourn

Scribing  list (to be updated)
----------------
John Wray, IBM ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (9 September 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (16  
September 2008)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (7 October 2008)
Chris Solc, Adobe (20 October 2008 F2F am)
Robert Miller, MITRE (20 October 2008 F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am, 21 October 2008 F2F am)
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (21 October 2008 F2F, pm)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (4 November 2008)
Magnus Nyström, EMC (11 November 2008)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (18 November 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 1 December 2008 16:20:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:55 GMT