W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > September 2007

Appologies: 2007-09-18 Draft MINUTES

From: Juan Carlos Cruellas <cruellas@ac.upc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:28:31 +0200
Message-ID: <46F0DDAF.6060708@ac.upc.edu>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>
Dear all,

I appologize for the mistake in the subject of my previous email.

As Frederick pointed out, the contents of that message are actually the 
draft minutes of yesterday's conf call.

As requested by Frederick I also attach them to this message.

Regards

Juan Carlos.



<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head>



  <meta name="generator" content="HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 (vers 12 April 
2005), see www.w3.org"><title>XML Security Specifications Maintenance 
Working Group Teleconference -- 18 Sep 2007</title>

 
  <link type="text/css" rel="STYLESHEET" 
href="18-xmlsec-minutes_files/base.css">
  <link type="text/css" rel="STYLESHEET" 
href="18-xmlsec-minutes_files/public.css">
  <link type="text/css" rel="STYLESHEET" 
href="18-xmlsec-minutes_files/minutes-style.css">
  <meta content="XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group 
Teleconference" name="Title">
  <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" 
http-equiv="Content-Type"><script charset="utf-8" 
id="injection_graph_func" 
src="18-xmlsec-minutes_files/injection_graph_func.js"></script></head><body>
  <p><a href="http://www.w3.org/"><img 
src="18-xmlsec-minutes_files/w3c_home.png" alt="W3C" border="0" 
height="48" width="72"></a></p>

  <h1>- DRAFT -</h1>

  <h1>XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group
  Teleconference</h1>

  <h2>18 Sep 2007</h2>

  <p><a 
href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html">
  Agenda</a></p>

  <p>See also: <a href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-irc">IRC 
log</a></p>

  <h2><a name="attendees" id="attendees">Attendees</a></h2>

  <div class="intro">
    <dl>
      <dt>Present</dt>

      <dt>Regrets</dt>

      <dt>Chair</dt>

      <dd>Frederick Hirsch</dd>

      <dt>Scribe</dt>

      <dd>Juan Carlos Cruellas</dd>
    </dl>
  </div>

  <h2>Contents</h2>

  <ul>
    <li>
      <a href="#agenda">Topics</a>

      <ol>
        <li><a href="#item01">welcome</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item02">Introduction of members / roll
        call</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item03">action item review</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item04">xpointers</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item05">Section 3.3, Implicit/Explicit
        rules</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item06">Section 3.5 DNs</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item07">xml:id, :lang, ... implementation
        status</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item08">Best Practices</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item09">decryption transform</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item10">Recommendation for regression
        tests?</a></li>

        <li><a href="#item11">any other business</a></li>
      </ol>
    </li>

    <li><a href="#ActionSummary">Summary of Action Items</a></li>
  </ul>
  <hr>

  <div class="meeting">
    <p class="phone">&nbsp;</p>

    <p class="phone">&nbsp;</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>trackbot-ng</cite>&gt; Date: 18
    September 2007</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>scribe</cite>&gt; Meeting: XML
    Security Maintenance Working Group Conference Call</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>scribe</cite>&gt; Scribe: Juan Carlos
    Cruellas</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>fjh</cite>&gt; Chair: Thomas
    Roessler</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; Agenda: <a 
href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html">
    
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html</a <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="phone">TOPIC Administrativia</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> asks klanz2 on minutes
    version</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> he has sent already.</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> will approve next
    meeting<br>
    ... remind booking hotel for November plenary, as there is a
    deadline<br>
    ... 20(?) people at the workshop<br>
    ... there will be some slight changes in the final agenda.
    Somebody will not be able to attend</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>hal:</cite> requests shift in his
    presentation</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> anything else on
    workshop?</p>

    <h3 id="item03">action item review</h3>

    <p class="phone">action#26: is still open</p>

    <p class="phone">action#71: sean: still open.</p>
 
   <p class="phone">action#74: to no further progress.</p>

   <p class="phone">action#81: CLOSED.</p>

    <p class="phone">action#82: konrad plans to close it today.</p>

    <p class="phone">action#83: as above.</p>

    <p class="phone">action#90: closed</p>

    <p class="phone">action#91: closed</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> on xpointers...<br>
    ... would like to talk about certain URI fragments in the document.</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> review afterwards</p>

    <p class="phone">Juan Carlos: konrad, Sean and Juan Carlos coordinated
    incorporation of new material to the interop</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>scribe:</cite> document... from what I
    have seen we all have committed new versions to the cvs</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> the document contains
    enough information as to allow people to start doing
    interop<br>
    ... use firefox and they will get the output scroll
    bar...<br>
    ... they will get nicer view.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; ACTION#91: closed</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> we are allowed to
    introduce additional material if we identify it...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> do not see changes document that I
    made yesterday at the in the html document pointed by the url in the 
agendta</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; ah, herte it is Add
    links to test signatures in sections 3.3.4.1 and 3.3.4.1.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; I'll do that now</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> transform the xml to html:
    konrad or jcc may do it.<br>
    ... konrad, could you please do it?</p>

    <p class="phone">action 92 sent that note, not feedback
    CLOSED</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; ACTION#92: CLOSED</p>

    <p class="phone">action 93 konrad will do it today: OPEN</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; ACTION-93 continued</p>

    <h3 id="item04">xpointers</h3>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> go to the html document
    testcases.html</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; built the document,
    sean check if your changes are there</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> some "#" missed when
    identifying values of URI fragments.</p>
 
   <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>brich</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html">
    
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; yes brich is
    right</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; I'll just fix that
    now</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; SHOULD BE FIXED</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; @jcc done</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> this problem happens in all the 
test cases for
    xpointers using xpointer framework</p><a name="action05" 
id="action05"></a>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>scribe</cite>&gt;
    <strong>ACTION:</strong> klanz2 to fix the xpointers in the
    xpointer framework adding the missing "#" sign to the URI
    fragments [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05%3C/a>>]</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>trackbot-ng</cite>&gt; Created
    ACTION-94 - Fix the xpointers in the xpointer framework adding
    the missing \"#\" sign to the URI fragments [on Konrad Lanz -
    due 2007-09-25].</p><a name="action06" id="action06"></a>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt;
    <strong>ACTION:</strong> sean to generate new test signatures
    for xpointer [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06%3C/a>>]</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>trackbot-ng</cite>&gt; Created
    ACTION-95 - Generate new test signatures for xpointer [on Sean
    Mullan - due 2007-09-25].</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> Second issue for xmlpointers 
test cases: unclear for xpointer
    framework test cases whether the canonincalization is 1.0 or
    1.1</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; well there is a
    RECOMMENDATION for c14n1.1 in the spec</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; in the section for
    reference generation</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>sean</cite>&gt; +1 to konrad</p>

    <p class="phone">"The ds:Reference for enveloped signatures will
    contain two Transform elements, namely; the enveloped signature
    transform and the one indicating canonical XML 1.0 (these test
    cases are not designed to deal with canonical XML 1.1). The
    ds:Reference for enveloping signatures will contain only the
    second one."</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> agreed</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> should not we have the same
    test cases for c14n1.1?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; updated '#' issues
    in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-SchemaBasedXPointers">
    
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-SchemaBasedXPointers</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-SchemaBasedXPointers%3C/a>>
    press shift reload</p>

    <p class="phone">juan carlos: xpointer framework test cases
    were requested without looking at the cannonicalization...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> these test cases should use
    canonicalization 1.1</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; May I propose to use
    two references one using 1.0 and one using 1.1 if this has
    value in the defined testcases to demonstrate some
    difference</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; if not let's just
    use 1.1</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> should move away from
    1.0</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> worth to use both... in
    order to go deeper in behaviour.</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> people support using 1.1</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> support 1.1. Either one
    would be OK. Do not see difference in process</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> we agree that
    canonicalization 1.1 should be present</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; RESOLUTION: xpointer
    test cases to be changed to c14n 1.1</p><a name="action07" 
id="action07"></a>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>scribe</cite>&gt;
    <strong>ACTION:</strong> klanz2 to switch xpointer test cases
    to c14n1.1 [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08%3C/a>>]</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>trackbot-ng</cite>&gt; Created
    ACTION-96 - Switch xpointer test cases to c14n1.1 [on Konrad
    Lanz - due 2007-09-25].</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; is the way the
    xpointer test cases are designed xml:base tested as well ?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; I just looked into
    the cvs it is not have xml:base attributes</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; no that's it</p>

    <h3 id="item05">Section 3.3, Implicit/Explicit rules</h3>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/">http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> section 3.3</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> three new test cases
    checking implicit and explicit indication of canonicalization
    algorithms<br>
    ... some test that should use 1.1 actually do not mention any
    algorithm, which by defalut means that they use 1.0</p>

    <h3 id="item06">Section 3.5 DNs</h3>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/">http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-DistinguishedName">
    
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-DistinguishedName</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html#TestCases-DistinguishedName%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> the test cases for this
    part are completed<br>
    ... changed the way they were specified quite a bit and
    appreciate any comment on that...<br>
    ... for the second part implemented 3 of the cases that seem to
    be the most important ones...</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; Update to the
    XPointer test cases:</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; The ds:Reference for
    enveloped signatures will ebventually contain two Transform
    elements, namely; the enveloped signature transform and the
    conversion from node set data to octet stream (canonical XML
    1.1).</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> the rest seem not to
    explicitly check the RFCs but only thigns nice to test</p>

    <h3 id="item07">xml:id, :lang, ... implementation status</h3>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; same</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; not yet for xpointer
    and dname</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> dropped material on these
    test cases in the cvs</p>

    <p class="phone">bruce dropped signatures on xml:base and
    verified signatures from sean.</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>jcc:</cite> try to drop some material
    during this week</p>

    <h3 id="item08">Best Practices</h3>

    <p class="phone"><cite>esimon2:</cite> three months ago we
    discussed the DNs encoding and reversibility</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; ed: encoding rules
    /issue of reversibility / security considerations /trying to
    get corrwect certificate</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; ... are the
    reversibility issues</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; ... sean &amp; ed:
    attrubute type makes a difference</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>esimon2:</cite> sean mentioned some
    questions, like if the attributetype makes a difference and
    whether<br>
    ... there could be an attack on that...</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; could there be an
    attack, when a different certificate sneaks in</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>esimon2:</cite> or you get a different
    certificate...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> does anyone follow the PKIX
    group progress?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>sean</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/mail-archive/msg04986.html">http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/mail-archive/msg04986.html</a <http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/mail-archive/msg04986.html%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="phone">konrad updated the document in terms of
    xpointers</p>

    <p class="phone">juan carlos: should be considered in the
    future</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> substituion attacks could
    be possible...<br>
    ... strict rules for requesting certificates... should not this
    disminish the danger?</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>ed:</cite> it is also a matter of
    accuracy: with ASN1 you are exactly referring the right
    certificate...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrda:</cite> substitution attacks are
    managed outside XMLDSIG (XAdES, for instance ensure data from
    the certificate so that substitution may be detected)</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; dialing in again</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> review the whole RFC of
    encoding DNs...<br>
    ... what we are doing in XMLDSIG is requiriung reversibility to
    a spec that did not pursued tahat<br>
    ... we could come up witha mechanisms that grants that there is
    no loss of information in either way...</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; is this ismilar to
    xml encoding rules?</p>

    <p class="phone">next XMLDSIG versiohn should incorporate this
    feature</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt;
    s/isimilar/similar/</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>hal:</cite> in Web services security...
    referring to a certificate is not easy ... and doing a DN
    comparison is something commonly done...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> something to investigate in
    the next months to come</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>ed:</cite> interesting to explore this
    reversibility between ASN.1 and XML for DNs.</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> what I heard seems to go
    farther than best practices<br>
    ... and could be a relevant item for a future working group</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>esimon2:</cite> will not be present in
    workshop but yes in November, in Boston</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; maybe its worth to
    point from the wiki to the minutes</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> should we add this into the
    wiki?</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>ed:</cite> enough with the minutes...we
    will have to deal with this in the future</p>

    <h3 id="item09">decryption transform</h3>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>esimon2</cite>&gt; I will be dialing
    into the WorkShop next week though I will not be there in
    person.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0012.html">
    
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0012.html</a <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Aug/0012.html%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; @ED, maybe you'd
    like to add the DNAME Reversibility topic here</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/CharterDevelopmentForSignatureEncryption">
    
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/CharterDevelopmentForSignatureEncryption</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/CharterDevelopmentForSignatureEncryption%3C/a>></p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> proposal for modifying
    decryption transform... hanging for number of days.. what
    people think?<br>
    ... any interest on that now?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; any, luck with alex
    sanin ?</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> as we have not been able ot
    progress on this issue it might happen that we drop the
    issue</p>


    <h3 id="item10">Recommendation for regression tests?</h3>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> come back to item 6<br>
    ... should interop progression tests? to incorporate xmlsig
    former tests conveniently updated?</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> almost impossible to
    update former tests in xmlsig for incorporating c14n1.1
    there</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>esimon2</cite>&gt; Thomas -- I keep
    getting cut off IRC; please send me the raw version after the
    meeting ends so I can write up something re the reversibility
    issue re Konrad's suggestion. Thanks, Ed</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> proposes to leave them as
    they are as legacy test cases</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> doable, they have tools
    that already created all of them<br>
    ... could modify them to nsert c14n1.1 in them...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> it could be useful</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> not sure...not familiar
    with these tests so not able to assess their difficulty</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> would not be expecting the
    others generatign signatures, but verifying them</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> agree with sean if we
    keep this informally.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; +1</p>

    <p class="phone">jcc +1</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> sean could generate these
    signatures and verification test cases could be performed on
    them</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> will generate and drop them
    in the cvs</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> is it possible to know the
    format so that we may prepare the test framework?</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> propose to generate the
    merlin 23 signature (the big one) with the c14n11
    canonicalization there<br>
    ... only the big one, not the rest</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> sean mentioned some test
    cases that never were tested...would it be worth to do
    something on them at the interop?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; also for the ok if
    we have time list</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; I can hear you
    okay</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> need for an agenda bit more
    formal</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; tlr: interop, any other
    business?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; frederick: other
    participants?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; klanz2: comment mailing
    list?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; tlr:
    public-xmlsec-comments</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; Action to tlr to
    create a small sction on the public page referring to the
    comments mailing list plus some list to relevant material</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; ACTIONS: frederick to
    point addtl participants at comment mailing list</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> question on organizational
    issues.</p>

    <p class="phone">very few registration so far.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; just me</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>scribe:</cite> who will be at the
    interop?</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>sean</cite>&gt; just me</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>jcc:</cite> only me</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>brich</cite>&gt; just me</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> thank you...that is
    enough</p>

    <h3 id="item11">any other business</h3>

    <p class="phone"><cite>bruce:</cite> is there somewhere
    something of the type "must do" for the interop?<br>
    ... xml space attribute "must do", xpointers "may do"</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> the more we may bring the
    better</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>brich</cite>&gt; my "must-do"
    assumption was ID, SPACE, LANG, BASE</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> test cases using XSLT may
    put problems as XSLT itself is not mandatory</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>konrad:</cite> some test case that
    includes binary input in one of the transforms steps..</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>sean:</cite> it has to be optional at
    the end of the day</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> the goal will be to have the
    things ready for progressing the canonicalization spec<br>
    ...tlr: no public report of the interop...</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>brich</cite>&gt; some interops publish
    only impl A, B, C...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> might be one way... although
    it will depend on the final result...<br>
    ... would not like to make a decission just now</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; we do need a certain
    number implementations and I'm confident we'll all be quite
    successful ...</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>jcc:</cite> proposes that everybody is
    free to decide whether is mentioned or not in the public
    report</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> need to think more about
    that: anonymous report as proposed by brich could be one
    way</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; positive</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; xmldsig/defCan-2 and
    xmldsig/defCan-3 contains an xslt transform and I'll put
    "(optional) " next to the test name</p>

    <p class="phone"><cite>tlr:</cite> thank you everybody for
    attend the meeting.</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>klanz2</cite>&gt; bye bye, lookin
    forward</p>

    <p class="irc">&lt;<cite>tlr</cite>&gt; adjourned</p>
  </div>

  <h2><a name="ActionSummary" id="ActionSummary">Summary of Action
  Items</a></h2><!-- Action Items -->

  <strong>[NEW]</strong> <strong>ACTION:</strong> klanz2 to fix the
  xpointers in the xpointer framework adding the missing "#" sign
  to the URI fragments [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05%3C/a>>]<br>

  <strong>[NEW]</strong> <strong>ACTION:</strong> klanz2 to switch
  xpointer test cases to c14n1.1 [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action08%3C/a>>]<br>

  <strong>[NEW]</strong> <strong>ACTION:</strong> klaz2 to switch
  xpointer test cases to c14n1.1 [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action07">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action07</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action07%3C/a>>]<br>

  <strong>[NEW]</strong> <strong>ACTION:</strong> sean to generate
  new test signatures for xpointer [recorded in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action06%3C/a>>]<br>

  &nbsp;<br>
  <strong>[DONE]</strong> <strong>ACTION:</strong> 81 to [recorded
  in <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02%3C/a>>]<br>

  &nbsp;<br>
  [End of minutes]<br>
  <hr>

  <address>
    Minutes formatted by David Booth's <a 
href="http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm">
    scribe.perl</a> version 1.128 (<a 
href="http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/">CVS log</a>)<br>
    $Date: 2007/09/18 14:44:52 $
  </address>

  <div class="diagnostics">
    <hr>

    <h2>Scribe.perl diagnostic output</h2>[Delete this section
    before finalizing the minutes.]<br>
    <pre>This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128  of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13  
Check for newer version at <a 
href="http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/">http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/</a <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/%3C/a>>

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/mybe/maybe/
Succeeded: s/cvs/url in the agendta/
Succeeded: s/build/built/
Succeeded: s/ill/I'll/
Succeeded: s/having/have/
Succeeded: s/iu/I/
Succeeded: s/sean/ed/
FAILED: s/isimilar/similar/
Succeeded: s/fredewrick/Frederick/
Succeeded: s/brich/bruce/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jcc
Found Scribe: Juan Carlos Cruellas

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: ACTIONS Ed_Simon Hal_Lockhart P11 P2 P20 P5 PHB PHB2 
Thomas aaaa brich bruce ed esimon2 fjh fjh2 frederick hal inserted jcc 
joined klanz2 konrad konrda rdmiller rmiller sean tlr trackbot-ng xmlsec
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        &lt;dbooth&gt; Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        &lt;dbooth&gt; Present+ amy

Agenda: <a 
href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html">http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html</a <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Sep/0013.html%3C/a>>
Found Date: 18 Sep 2007
Guessing minutes URL: <a 
href="http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html">http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html</a <http://www.w3.org/2007/09/18-xmlsec-minutes.html%3C/a>>
People with action items: 74 82 83 klanz2 klaz2 sean

</pre>[End of <a 
href="http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm">
    scribe.perl</a> diagnostic output]
  </div>

</body></html>




Received on Wednesday, 19 September 2007 08:29:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:02 GMT