W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > May 2007

RE: Agenda: distributed meeting 2007-05-29

From: Hal Lockhart <hlockhar@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 05:14:00 -0700
Message-ID: <2E22E42D2E71B845B67F093A02B962DB0548D0@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Thomas Roessler" <tlr@w3.org>, <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Regrets,

Hal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-xmlsec-maintwg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xmlsec-maintwg-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Roessler
> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:27 PM
> To: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda: distributed meeting 2007-05-29
> 
> 
> (A bit earlier than usual, since it's Memorial Day week-end for the
> US folks...)
> 
> 29 May, 9-10am Eastern Time
> (6-7am Pacific, 1400-1500 Dublin, 1500-1600 CET, 1600-1700 Crete)
> 
> See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in
> other time zones.
> 
> Zakim Bridge:
>       +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
> IRC Chat:
>     irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
> Web-based IRC (member-only):
>     <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>
> 
> Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to
> registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.
> 
> Chair:
>    Thomas Roessler
> 
> Regrets:
>    Frederick Hirsch, Phill Hallam-Baker
> 
> 1. Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting
> 
>    Giles is expected to scribe.  The current scribe list is
>    at the end of this message.
> 
>    Scribe Instructions:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
> 
>    Next meeting: PROPOSED for 5 June, Frederick to chair.  Scribe
>    candidates are: Elisabetta Carrara, Konrad Lanz
> 
> 2. Review and approval of last meeting's minutes
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-xmlsec-minutes
> 
> 3. Action item review
> 
>    We'll review action items that don't tie in with another agendum.
> 
>    For the full list of open actions, see:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
> 
>    ACTION-6 Konrad to share example for transform that depends on
>    information beyond the transform input nodeset.
> 
>    Done,
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-
> maintwg/2007May/0027.html
> 
>    PROPOSED that Konrad summarize this thread in the wiki for
>    posterity.
> 
>    ACTION-26 Thomas to draft CG note draft for submission to XML CG
>    [CONTINUE]
> 
> 4. Workshop planning
> 
>    ACTION-28 Hal to propose additional types of contributions for
>    workshop CFP
> 
>    ACTION-29 Thomas to go through hosting requirements with Hal [DONE]
> 
>    ACTION-30 Thomas to propose detailed timeline for CFP by mail
>    [DONE]
> 
>    Current state of CFP, including timeline:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/cfp.html
> 
>    PROPOSED: To accept the time line and material content of CFP.
> 
> 5. Current status of drafts: DSig Core
> 
>    Current draft:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/changes.html
> 
> 
>    ACTION-19 Konrad to get test case for E01
> 
>    Done:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-
> maintwg/2007May/0041.html
> 
> 
>    ACTION-31 Juan Carlos to propose rewording of "Reference
>    processing model" sentence on mailing list [DONE]
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-
> maintwg/2007May/0035.html
> 
>    ACTION-32 Sean to propose language for "validator" and
>    "generator" that is more in line with rest of rec\\'s style
> 
>    Both done.  PROPOSED updated language that pulls these together
>    and does a bit more wordsmithing is here:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-
> maintwg/2007May/0042.html
> 
> 
>    ACTION-33 Thomas to change formatting of 4.4.3 note [DONE]
> 
> 6. Algorithm URIs; dsig-usage note
> 
>    ACTION-34 Konrad to verify that CR version of C14N11 has no
>    conformance-affecting changes against
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xml-c14n11-20061220/
> 
>    If we are satisfied that the Last Call draft of C14N11 is
>    conformance-wise equivalent to the CR, then I propose that we
>    use the algorithm Identifiers that were defined in this note:
> 
>      http://www.w3.org/TR/DSig-usage/
> 
>    Otherwise, I propose to obtain new algorithm identifiers for the
>    CR version of C14N11.
> 
>    In both cases, I propose to arrange for an update of said note.
> 
> 7. Current status of drafts: Decryption Transform
> 
>    Curent draft:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt.html
> 
> 8. Interop testing, participation expectations
> 
>    This agendum might be member-confidential.
> 
>    ACTION-12 Contact participants in previous interop testing, on
>    Frederick Hirsch
> 
>    Done:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-
> maintwg/2007May/0018.html
> 
>    Review interop testing expectations:
>    http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40279/interop-interest/results
> 
> 9. Test cases
> 
>    i) Regression tests - original XML Signature and Decryption
>    Transform cases Action to review and summarize?
> 
>    ii) test defined in new C14N11 example (as updated)
>    <http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/05/CR-xml-c14n11-20070509>
> 
>    iii) E01 - see ACTION-19 Agreed at F2F that no tests needed for
>    E02-E05
> 
>    iv) Action to review and summarize test for E06, test for base64
>    URI?  Test exists but not well-defined?
> 
>    v) Action to summarize dditional tests?
> 
>    greg: test case for 1.0 as default see if 1.1 by mistake
>    <hal> test case which checks for correct sig when xml:base is
>    present
>    <hal> test case which checks for correct sig when xml:id is present
>    <fjh> thomas: generate sig over doc subset, must include c14n11
>    as  final transform
>    <fjh> greg: new generators not rely on default c14n
>    <klanz2> Test case for conversion NodeSetData to OctetStreamData:
>    <klanz2> Use case: Generate a signature having a reference with
>    some xpath transform selecting NodeSetData
>    <klanz2> then we add a XSLT transform that clearly needs
>    OctetStreamData
>    <klanz2> Check on verification: if the resulting signature
>    actually made the use of c14n 1.1 explicit in the chain of
transforms
> 
> 10.
>    Any other business
> 
> Regards,
> --
> Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Scribe list
> -----------
> 
> Elisabetta Carrara
> Donald Eastlake
> Giles Hogben  (expected)
> Konrad Lanz
> Peter Lipp
> Hal Lockhart
> Ram Mohan
> Anthony Nadalin
> Chris Nautiyal
> Rich Salz
> Daniel Schutzer
> Ed Simon
> Andrew Sullivan
> Panagiotis Trimintzios
> Tarun Tyagi
> Thomas Roessler (17 Apr 07)
> Greg Whitehead (F2F 2 May 07 am)
> Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm)
> Gregory Berezowsky (F2F 3 May 07 am)
> Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm)
> Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007)
> Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007)
Received on Tuesday, 29 May 2007 12:14:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:59 GMT