W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > May 2007

Agenda: distributed meeting 2007-05-29

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 00:27:02 +0200
To: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20070524222702.GE32379@raktajino.does-not-exist.org>

(A bit earlier than usual, since it's Memorial Day week-end for the
US folks...)

29 May, 9-10am Eastern Time
(6-7am Pacific, 1400-1500 Dublin, 1500-1600 CET, 1600-1700 Crete)

See <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html> for time in  
other time zones.

Zakim Bridge: 
      +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat: 
    irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
    <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG telecons is restricted to 
registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: 
   Thomas Roessler

Regrets:
   Frederick Hirsch, Phill Hallam-Baker

1. Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting

   Giles is expected to scribe.  The current scribe list is
   at the end of this message.

   Scribe Instructions:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
   
   Next meeting: PROPOSED for 5 June, Frederick to chair.  Scribe
   candidates are: Elisabetta Carrara, Konrad Lanz

2. Review and approval of last meeting's minutes
   http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-xmlsec-minutes

3. Action item review

   We'll review action items that don't tie in with another agendum.

   For the full list of open actions, see:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open

   ACTION-6 Konrad to share example for transform that depends on
   information beyond the transform input nodeset.

   Done,
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0027.html

   PROPOSED that Konrad summarize this thread in the wiki for
   posterity.

   ACTION-26 Thomas to draft CG note draft for submission to XML CG
   [CONTINUE]
   
4. Workshop planning

   ACTION-28 Hal to propose additional types of contributions for
   workshop CFP

   ACTION-29 Thomas to go through hosting requirements with Hal [DONE]

   ACTION-30 Thomas to propose detailed timeline for CFP by mail
   [DONE]

   Current state of CFP, including timeline:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/cfp.html

   PROPOSED: To accept the time line and material content of CFP.

5. Current status of drafts: DSig Core

   Current draft:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/changes.html


   ACTION-19 Konrad to get test case for E01

   Done:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0041.html


   ACTION-31 Juan Carlos to propose rewording of "Reference
   processing model" sentence on mailing list [DONE]
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0035.html
   
   ACTION-32 Sean to propose language for "validator" and
   "generator" that is more in line with rest of rec\\'s style

   Both done.  PROPOSED updated language that pulls these together
   and does a bit more wordsmithing is here:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0042.html
      

   ACTION-33 Thomas to change formatting of 4.4.3 note [DONE]

6. Algorithm URIs; dsig-usage note

   ACTION-34 Konrad to verify that CR version of C14N11 has no
   conformance-affecting changes against
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xml-c14n11-20061220/

   If we are satisfied that the Last Call draft of C14N11 is
   conformance-wise equivalent to the CR, then I propose that we
   use the algorithm Identifiers that were defined in this note:
     
     http://www.w3.org/TR/DSig-usage/

   Otherwise, I propose to obtain new algorithm identifiers for the
   CR version of C14N11.
   
   In both cases, I propose to arrange for an update of said note.

7. Current status of drafts: Decryption Transform

   Curent draft:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-decrypt.html

8. Interop testing, participation expectations

   This agendum might be member-confidential.

   ACTION-12 Contact participants in previous interop testing, on
   Frederick Hirsch

   Done:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007May/0018.html

   Review interop testing expectations:
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40279/interop-interest/results

9. Test cases

   i) Regression tests - original XML Signature and Decryption
   Transform cases Action to review and summarize?
   
   ii) test defined in new C14N11 example (as updated)
   <http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/05/CR-xml-c14n11-20070509>
   
   iii) E01 - see ACTION-19 Agreed at F2F that no tests needed for
   E02-E05
   
   iv) Action to review and summarize test for E06, test for base64
   URI?  Test exists but not well-defined?

   v) Action to summarize dditional tests?

   greg: test case for 1.0 as default see if 1.1 by mistake
   <hal> test case which checks for correct sig when xml:base is
   present
   <hal> test case which checks for correct sig when xml:id is present
   <fjh> thomas: generate sig over doc subset, must include c14n11
   as  final transform
   <fjh> greg: new generators not rely on default c14n
   <klanz2> Test case for conversion NodeSetData to OctetStreamData:
   <klanz2> Use case: Generate a signature having a reference with
   some xpath transform selecting NodeSetData
   <klanz2> then we add a XSLT transform that clearly needs
   OctetStreamData
   <klanz2> Check on verification: if the resulting signature
   actually made the use of c14n 1.1 explicit in the chain of transforms

10.
   Any other business

Regards,
-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>






Scribe list
-----------

Elisabetta Carrara
Donald Eastlake
Giles Hogben  (expected)
Konrad Lanz
Peter Lipp
Hal Lockhart
Ram Mohan
Anthony Nadalin
Chris Nautiyal
Rich Salz
Daniel Schutzer
Ed Simon
Andrew Sullivan
Panagiotis Trimintzios
Tarun Tyagi
Thomas Roessler (17 Apr 07)
Greg Whitehead (F2F 2 May 07 am)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm)
Gregory Berezowsky (F2F 3 May 07 am)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007)
Received on Thursday, 24 May 2007 22:27:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:59 GMT