Re: ds:Reference Type Attribute [E05 XMLDsig Errata]

From: Juan Carlos Cruellas <cruellas@ac.upc.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:45:47 +0200
To: Konrad Lanz <Konrad.Lanz@iaik.tugraz.at>
CC: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org

"The optional Type attribute denotes the actually digested item, not
it's contents" seems OK to me.

In addition to that, should not we change the next sentence?:

"For example, a reference that identifies an |Object| element containing
a |SignatureProperties| element is still of type |#Object|"

by

"For example, a reference that does not contain any transform and that
identifies an |Object| element containing a |SignatureProperties|
element is still of type |#Object|"

As if there is some transform in the ds:Reference element then what is
digested and signed might not be a ds:Object anymore...

Regards

Juan Carlos.