Re: Review Konrad\\'s message re xml:base by next call

Some quick answers:

Juan Carlos Cruellas wrote:

> [...]
> 1. On the text:
> in 2.C the text reads:
> [...]
> I think that the behaviour for the case "output buffer is empty" is
> left undefined. There are three situations:
> 1. output buffer is empty
should be treated by:  "if also the output buffer is empty"
> 2. out buffer equals "../"
should be treated by: ' last segment in the output buffer equals "../" '
--> append ".."
> 3. out buffer equals ".."
should be treated by: ' or ".." ' --> append "/.."
> But there are only two ways of obtaining the output:
> "then append ".." or "/.." for the latter case respectively to the
> output buffer".
> By reading this I do not know what I have to add to the output buffer
> in case 1. (out buffer is empty).
append ".." (because ' "/.." for the latter case respectively ' should
be applied for the last case only)

Please note Action-49
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jun/0028.html:

> //s/remove the last segment and its preceding "/" (if any) from the output
> buffer/remove the last segment and its preceding "/" (if any) from the output
> buffer and if hereby the first character in the outputbuffer was removed and it
> was not the root slash then delete a leading slash from the input buffer///

I tried to stay as close as possible to the original text, but maybe a
complete rewording might simplify the processing.

Eg. : Loosely speaking something like:

Complete ".." path segments eat the previous segment, iff it is not a
".." segment by itself.  Complete ".." segments accumulate to the left
if the URI reference is relative and no path segments to be eaten
appear, if however the URI is absolute complete ".." segments disappear
when they hit the root slash ...

and so on ... treating "//", ".", "/./" and so forth

regards
Konrad

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm