Re: Exclusive Canonicalization and XML Canonicalization 1.1

Dear Ed, Thomas and all

I had an email discussions about this with Thomas around 14th December
2006 and there has been a posting on this topic to xml core ...

Ed Simon wrote:
> Exclusive Canonicalization references XML Canonicalization 1.0, not XML
> Canonicalization 1.1, right? Is there a revised Exclusive Canonicalization
> spec in progress? Is this an issue for the XML Security Maintenance WG?

As the discussion was held in German I give here a translation:

Thomas wrote on the 14th of December 2006 :
> Thomas wrote on the 13th of December 2006:
> > Exclusive Canonicalization is in scope of XML Core.  If I'm
> > not mistaken, the needed changes are, (a) change the
> > Reference to the newer version of Canonical XML (b)
> > introduce a new URI for the revised Version.
>
> Taking a closer look at the Exclusive-Spec shows, that the result of
> an Exclusive Canonicalization is not changed by the changes from C14N
> 1.0 to C14N 1.1 .
>
> Do we miss something here?

I replied in German ...

Thomas replied to this on the 14th of December 2006 :

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Dec/0043

> My immediate reaction is that the current behavior is possibly
> not nice, but not necessarily wrong --
> anyhow it is not on the same urgency level as
> xml:id and C14N 1.1.

kind regards
Konrad

Original in German:

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm