Re: Identifiers for XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 in XML Signature spec

On 2007-07-10 10:22:16 -0400, Ed Simon wrote:

> The XML Signature spec indicates the identifiers for using XSLT
> 1.0 and XPath 1.0 as transforms. Should we not also include those
> for XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 now that those are released (and will
> generally be more commonly used now)? Or is that something for
> v2.0 of XML Signature?

> FYI, I'm having vague recollections that fundamental changes to
> the nature of XPath between XPath 1.0 and XPath 2.0 may affect
> the text we have in the XML Signature spec re XPath. I will
> continue to contemplate this.

I'd suggest that that's beyond what we need to do.  Since, as far as
dsig-core is concerned, we're really operating under a "minimal
changes" charter, I'd suggest we document and defer.

(That said, it might be worth writing a note that initially defines
some URIs.)

Cheers,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>