ACTION: A-262-01 Jim to attempt to describe these use cases - list non-xml use cases

From: James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:15:53 +0100
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
In doing my action, I (re)discovered that Vojtech had already done a
good list for prep of his XML Prague talk in 2012 and I assume this
email was done in prep;

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2012Apr/0037.html

I think we can plumb this email as source of non-xml use cases.

I also tracked down previous efforts;

* read csv and convert to xml
      http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langreq-v2.html#use-case-rw-non-xml

* read non xml document
      http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langreq-v2.html#use-case-non-xml-production

* p:http-request step returns an entity body with content type "image/jpeg
      https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2012Oct/0006.html

If no one disagrees, I believe the next step is to add a use cases
section to our existing v2 requirements doc with these use cases, eg.
here.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc-v2-req/

We did the same thing, albeit retroactively, to the xproc  v1 requirements doc.

I will also ask the community to provide their take on non-xml use cases.