Use case 5.11 - Possible?

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:21:41 -0800
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
Henry's use case for making absolute URIs (5.11 [1]) relies on the base URI
and schema type information residing in the "infoset" as properties.  I
don't think we can do this today without saying that we have the XDM and
ensuring that the information from both xml:base processing and validation
is preserved by XProc.  Certainly, xml:base should be fine based on what
our 1.0 specification says but the type information that allows inspection
of each attribute isn't.

Thoughts?

I think this needs to be marked as a possibility for V.next.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc-requirements/#use-case-make-absolute-urls