Re: V.next: resource manager

Norman Walsh writes:

> "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:
>> More on p:uri-scope -- the idea is that there is an implicit
>> p:uri-scope around the entire top-level pipeline, and that every
>> p:uri-scope acts as a scope for an *available documents* collection,
>> mapping from URIs to documents, which is initially empty.  Any URI
>> resolution action works with respect to its nearest (lexically)
>> surrounding uri-scope, and either uses what it finds there, or does a
>> 'fetch' and caches the result there.
>
> Does a nested scope inherit from its ancestor scopes, or explicitly
> ignore them?

Wrt *available document* -- doesn't inherit unless you include an
identity mapping. . . I suppose we could include a switch to do that
across the board.  Hmm.  Maybe the default should be the other way
around, that is, you don't get a new empty *available document* set
unless you ask for it.

Wrt mappings, I think here the default is clearly that you do inherit,
but that you _may_ shadow an inherited mapping.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk