Re: A parameters alternative

"vojtech.toman@emc.com" <vojtech.toman@emc.com> writes:
>> I was thinking that the parameters option would take a list:

> Oh, I think I misunderstood your initial email. So using parameters="A
> B C" means that the union of all parameters in A, B, and C will be
> passed to the step? If so, how do you then access the parameters
> inside the step? Using the name "parameters" or using "p:global",
> "my:computed" etc.?

Do we need that? If you want to access them in a step, you can use
options. I'm imagining that parameters retain their magic bindings in
XSLT, XQuery, etc.

> To declare a step with two parameter "ports", would you do something like this:
> Or, if we treat parameter "ports" as options with a special type:

> Or we could get rid of the word parameter altogether and simply call
> the type "collection" or "map".

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Though I imagined that the type would
be "p:parameters" defined as a final extension of "list of QName" or
some such.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--