RE: A parameters alternative

From: <vojtech.toman@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:08:37 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
> I was thinking that the parameters option would take a list:

Oh, I think I misunderstood your initial email. So using parameters="A B C" means that the union of all parameters in A, B, and C will be passed to the step? If so, how do you then access the parameters inside the step? Using the name "parameters" or using "p:global", "my:computed" etc.?

(I originally thought you meant that the step would see three named collections (A, B, and C) - but that is probably too weird to make any sense at all.)

To declare a step with two parameter "ports", would you do something like this:

?

Or, if we treat parameter "ports" as options with a special type:

Or we could get rid of the word parameter altogether and simply call the type "collection" or "map".

Regards,
Vojtech

--
Vojtech Toman