A parameters alternative

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:15:05 +0000
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Suppose we said that parameters were named collections of key/value pairs.
The XProc context includes by default two such named collections:

  p:global - initialized by some implementation-defined mechanism to contain
             all the parameters passed to the pipeline by the user.

  p:none   - initialized to be empty

Implementations may provide a mechanism to create other named collections.

We update p:parameters so that it adds/replaces keys to the collection it names.

We remove parameter input ports in favor of a parameters option that takes
a list of named collections. If no parameters option is specified, p:global
is assumed.

If we add types to options, we can make "parameters" a special type.

Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676
www.marklogic.com