Re: V.next: attribute value templates

Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com> writes:
> Another option is to says that the context is always empty and if you
> need to access some content you need to use the long form
> (p:with-option select="...") and the AVT are there only to allow you
> to do XPath that doesn't access the context (variables, computations,
> string manipulations)

Yes, that would be simpler. I wonder if it's useful enough though. And
if users would find it so confusing because it's different from XSLT
that they'd just hate it.

You could put the document in a variable if you needed it, so it
wouldn't be impossible to get at documents even if the context was
undefined.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--