Re: V.next: attribute value templates

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:17:17 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't think they are so uncontroversial than that
>
> In XSLT or XQuery, the context is define EVERYWHERE

That's not true. It's undefined in xsl:function.

> But in XProc we made some shortcut to keep things simple to explains
>
> I fear that AVT will reopen this can of worm

You might be right, but I think we can say that the context is the
(first?) document from the default readable port and that it's an
error if an expression attempts to refer to the context when there is
no such port.

Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676