Re: Some notes about pxp:zip and pxp:unzip

"vojtech.toman@emc.com" <vojtech.toman@emc.com> writes:
> pxp:zip:
> - What about source files that are not included in the pxp:zip
> manifest? Is that an error or do they end up in the ZIP archive under
> their original base URI?

Good question. Off the top of my head, I think I'd say that they don't
go in the archive.

> - Serialization. At the moment, pxp:zip does not allow to specify how
> XML documents are serialized in the ZIP archive. I ended up with
> adding serialization options to pxp:zip which are applied to each XML
> file and are therefore archive-global. It might be useful, though, to
> be able to specify different serialization options per file - but that
> would probably require putting the serialization options into the
> pxp:zip manifest somehow.

Yes. Handling serialization options with more flexibility would be a
good thing. I suppose it makes sense to allow them on entry as well
as globally on the step.

> - Not sure about the compression level names "smallest" | "fastest" |
> "default" | "huffman" | "none". They are a direct lift from the Java
> java.util.zip.Deflater API. Plus, the "huffman" constant is not a
> compression level, but a compression strategy. I think it should not
> be in the list.

Fair enough. I think.

> - The pxp:zip step returns a c:zipfile representation of the ZIP
> archive on the "result" port. While I understand that this might be
> useful, it is not consistent with existing standard steps that write
> output to an external location (p:store, p:xsl-formatter) and that
> return a URI reference to the external data.

Ok.

> pxp:unzip:
> - I think for non-XML data, the step should behave as p:data or
> p:http-request. Right now, the pxp:unzip spec says that: "If the
> content-type specified is not an XML content type, the file is base64
> encoded and returned in a single c:data element." This obviously does
> not match the behavior of p:data wrt text media types. The pxp:unzip
> step also does not insert the "content-type" and "encoding" attributes
> on the c:data wrapper.

Just so.

> - What happens if the file specified through the "file" option is not
> found in the archive (I assume a dynamic error)?

Yes, I think so.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--