xml:base comment for HTML5 WG

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:02:15 -0700
To: XProc WG <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
I've been going back through my bug, comments, and the HTML5
specification and I'm not sure we have something to actually comment
on.  The section titled "Dynamic changes to base URLs" [1] covers the
behavior for any HTML element when the base URI changes due to a
dynamic change to an xml:base attribute.  Essentially, the 'src'
attribute on elements like 'img' are not affected.  The only
re-evaluation is for certain kinds of links and not for embedded
content.

While they could refer to section 2.6.5 in every situation where they
resolve a URI (e.g. img or iframe's 'src' attribute), they currently
do not and I'm not sure that would make things more clear.  Do we
really want to comment as a WG that they refer to 2.6.5 everywhere
they resolve a URI?  I'm not sure I want to even though it would make
things more explicit.  It would also make the specification even more
verbose.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#dynamic-changes-to-base-urls