Re: new draft xml proc profiles doc

James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I'm not happy with this change at the beginning of the Conformance section:
>
>>  An XML processor may conform to one or more of the profiles defined
>>  in this specification, depending on feature sets provided, supported
>>  specifications and faithful description of how the processor is
>>  configured
>>
>> The point this para. was intended to convey was _just_ that one
>> processor might conform to more than one profile, depending on
>> configuration.  The proposed additional material just confuses things,
>> in my opinion.

OK, how about the first _two_ paras simply become

 Conformance to this specification means conformance by XML processors
 to profiles, as specified in [ref. section 2].

 Which profile or profiles an XML processor conforms to may depend on
 how it is configured.  The conformance conditions for any specific
 processor configuration with respect to each profile are specified in
 the corresponding sub-section of [ref. Section 2].

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk