A imports B, B imports A

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:19:55 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>
I am now working on a proper (at least I hope) implementation of
p:import in our processor. I have one question about circular imports:
One one hand, we say that it is err:XS0021 if the import references are
circular, but on the other hand, appendix G (Handling Circular and
Re-entrant Library Imports) seems to suggest that the case "A imports B,
B imports A" is allowed - there are even two tests in the test suite
(import-007 and import-008) that expect this to work.

If the tests are correct, can anybody explain to me the reasoning behind
this?

Regards,
Vojtech