Proposed rewrite of Appendix G

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:31:50 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Further to previous correspondence about p:import and step-name
conflict detection, here's a proposed rewrite for the appendix which
gives an informal algorithm for checking for problems/handling imports
in general.

Note that unlike the previous one, it's essentially specified
bottom-up, in terms of _exports_, because when I tried to implement it
that's what worked most easily (I wrote a Scheme implementation of the
algorithm before I defined it).

I'm particularly interested on feedback on the form of the exposition:
rather then do it in pseudo-code as the original has, with lots of
variables and processes which all take two arguments and return two
values, I've tried to do it at a more abstract level.

ht

                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk