Re: ACTION-2008-08-28-03: the kinds of nodes that are legal for all steps

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:40:54 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
"Innovimax SARL" <innovimax@gmail.com> writes:

>> - Proposal to change p:insert, but I don't think that works for the reasons
>>  I cited above.
>>

> Well I don't agree
> What about Richard argument in http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/28-
> minutes
> [[
> I like Richard's formulation: p:insert allows matching of anything
>   which may have children if where is first or last, and anything that _is_
>   a child if where is before or after
> ]]

But the only thing that you can specify *to insert* must *include an
element*, so there's no point. Inserting an element into a document
node will guarantee that the result is invalid.

Or am I not making any sense?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The Future Begins Tomorrow!--Yoyodyne
http://nwalsh.com/            | Propulsion Systems