Extension functions or system properties

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:20:26 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Henry used p:psvi-available() in his recent example. That got me
thinking. We have a mixture of system properties and extension
functions and I don't think we've made any sort of consistent choice
about which is which.

Looking at our list of system properties, I wonder if we should promote
p:episode, p:language, p:xpath-version and p:psvi-supported (as well,
perhaps, as p:psvi-available) to extension functions.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | It is not failure of others to
http://nwalsh.com/            | appreciate your abilities that should