XPath Context & Scope for string-replace

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:05:23 -0700
To: "XProc WG" <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#c.string-replace

I wonder what the XPath context is for the evaluation of the XPath
expression?  It
probably should be the matched node.

Also, what is the allowable scope of the expression?  The whole document?

So, if I write "concat(../foo,.)" I've blow streaming for that step.
That's fine and that
flows along with our "if you can figure out streaming, good for you" model.