Re: Names for p:* steps

Norm,

On 22 Aug 2008, at 19:05, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
>
>> The step names are "local" in nature - if you import a library in a
>> pipeline, the step names are invisible in the target context, so the
>> pipeline does not see the names of the imported steps, only their
>> types.
>> So, in my opinion, I think that using step types instead of names
>> on the
>> command line is more correct.
>
> Maybe that was a brain cramp on my part, remembering how things used
> to work with names. Let me think on it some more.

FWIW, I agree with Toman, and suggest that you use "Clark notation",
namely:

$ calabash -isource=- -oresult=- \
          -s {http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc}add-attribute \
          match=div attribute-name=foo attribute-value=bar

although I guess you might want to have a mechanism for declaring
namespaces at the command line, so that you can pass them as in-scope
namespaces into the option values.

In my view, nothing *outside* a library should use a name (they should
be kept for local use).

Cheers,

Jeni
--