RE: err:XS0022 & compound steps

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:32:21 -0400
To: <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

> / Toman_Vojtech@emc.com was heard to say:
> | Hi all,
> |
> | The description of error err:XS0022 says:
> |
> | "In all cases except the p:output of a compound step, it is a static
> | error if the port identified by a p:pipe is not in the
> readable ports of
> | the step that contains the p:pipe."
> |
> | Perhaps I am just having a block here, but can somebody give me an
> | example why do we need to make exceptions for compound steps?
>
> The set of readable ports doesn't include the ports of
> children elements.
> But p:output *does* read from the output of its children.
>
> Does that help?

Hmm. Section 2.5 (Environment) says:

"The union of all the declared outputs of all of the containers's
contained steps are added to the readable ports"

and Section 2.2 (Inputs and Outputs) says:

"Within a compound step, the declared outputs of the step can be
connected to:
  - The output port of some contained step.
  - ...
"

So, to me it looks like the container has always access to the output of
its children...

Regards,
Vojtech