Sequence context on variable/option

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:32:53 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| I think making it an error would allow us to allow it later...but I would be
| pleased to allow it right now when XPath 2.0 is selected

There is a streaming/performance impact: an implementation will have
to provide the whole sequence to each variable/option.

| On slight thing, how do make the difference between an empty document and an
| empty sequence ?

You mean for the XPath 1.0 case? I think if we allow sequences we
should make XPath 1.0 implementations simply take the first document
on the sequence.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | If you're strong enough, there *are* no
http://nwalsh.com/            | precedents.--Scott Fitzgerald