Re: Towards a consensus draft (urgent)

> Dear Working Group,
>
> Please review the latest editor's draft (or at least sections 2.2 and
> the new 2.6.1, as well as p:label-elements) and *if you do not believe
> that we can go to Last Call with this draft* please *comment in email*
> as soon as possible.

None of my proposal on having the steps "do the right thing" is in
this draft.  If
we can't (or don't want) to mandate that steps do the right thing, at least we
should add them as "should/may" or example of avoiding namespace
fixup.

For example, we could say for p:add-attribute that an implementation can
avoid namespace fix by ensuring the namespace is declared when it
adds the attribute.

Keep in mind that XSLT 2.0 avoids this problem by saying that the
namespace *must* be declared when you use xsl:attribute or
xsl:element.

We can't quite go to last call without addressing this.
p:add-attribute had a statement
about adding a namespace declaration and that is now labeled "FIXME".   Up until
now, no one has had issue with that sentence.