Custom Steps and Namespace Fixup

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:52:20 -0700
To: "XProc WG" <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

In an IM discussion with Norm, we came up with an idea about
custom steps and namespace fixup:

* Custom steps should guarantee that their output includes all the necessary
   namespace declarations.

* Implementations are free to detect and generate a dynamic error when they
  do not do so.

I think this is a slight extension of our current text allowing
implementations to
detect and error on undeclared namespace names and between steps.