Re: "Simplified" http-request

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:20:22 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> A while back (I'm being lazy on a Sunday morning so I haven't traced
> down the minutes), didn't Henry push for a simplified version of
> http-request and didn't the WG come to some consensus for that?

I don't remember coming to consensus.

We allow load to handle schemes like http and https and so you
do have a simplified "GET" request.  In the end, setting non-standard
headers isn't that normal and so for GET, the only real feature I
could see that would cause you to have to use http-request over
load would be authentication.   Of course, there may be other reasons...

I think if you start doing POST, HEAD, PUT, or DELETE requests,
the need to switch to an XML input is fine and rational.