Re: Making progress

On 5/24/07, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:
> My suggestion would be to drop features (provided we have
> a design that doesn't foreclose on them in the future) as
> necessary to get out a V1 before our charter ends.  Then
> we can spend the time at our f2f in November discussing V2
> instead of fooling around with CR comments or whatever.

Should we drop parameters for v1, and only keep options?

The main downside seems to be with XSLT, which has a concept of
parameters, so adding a concept of parameters to XProc seems natural.
With other components, like http-request, the information that we
could pass with parameters can be passed with a document. And we even
found lately that it was simpler to use a document rather than
parameters. So it really seems to come down to XSLT.

But instead of adding the concept of parameters to XProc just for
XSLT, can't we just deal with that at the level of the XSLT component?
That would mean passing parameters in a document, say to a
"parameters" input of the XSLT component.

And of course, this doesn't preclude us from adding a concept of
parameters in future versions of XProc.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/