Re: Escaped markup

On 5/1/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> What will happen to Misc [1] declared before root element ? after root
> element ?
>
> What will happen to attribute in the root element ? to namespace
> declaration in the root element ?

You can only escape children of an element (or unescape children).

As such, the misc is OK.

For example, consider:

 <description>
&lt;!-- my document-->
&html> ... &/html>
</description>

When p:unescape-markup runs it uses a wrapper:

<root>
<!--my document-->
</root>

that it throws away.

Then you get:

<description>
<!-- my document-->
</description>

as output.

Escape markup works in the reverse in that it considers the children of
the document element as a serialized string.  The output of the above
should be where we started.

Right now both of these steps operate on the document element and require
a viewport to scope them to particular elements.  Maybe we should add
a match option to them.