Re: Escaped markup

On 5/1/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:

> On 5/1/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > What will happen to Misc [1] declared before root element ? after root
> > element ?
> >
> > What will happen to attribute in the root element ? to namespace
> > declaration in the root element ?
>

> You can only escape children of an element (or unescape children).

That's interesting, why not generalizing escape and unescape to the content
of an element (not only to the root element) ?
I see a interesting use case for Atom and funky stuff like that

As such, the misc is OK.

> For example, consider:
>
>  <description>
> &lt;!-- my document-->
> &html> ... &/html>
> </description>

Sorry I was talking about this
[[
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?my-funky-pi i prefer to see here?>
<!-- my prefered first comment-->
<root attribute-i-like="value-of-attribute" xmlns:my-funky-namespace="funky
rulez">
</root>
<!-- my prefered last comment-->
<?my-funky-pi i prefer to see here?>