Re: Are pipelines in the same library visible to each other?

Norman Walsh wrote:
> I think I agree that if we're going to allow pipelines declared in the
> same library to see each other, we shouldn't make order significant.

OK, do you need me to argue that we should allow pipelines declared in
the same library to see each other?

It would be incredibly annoying and hard to maintain pipelines if the
physical file structure of pipeline libraries were dictated by the
logical structure of the pipeline processes (or, to a lesser extent, the
nominal structure of the pipeline names).

Personally, I would be happy to drop the constraint that atomic step
types must be defined before pipelines. The processor can still report
errors when it finds atomic step types that are used without being
defined, just has to wait until it's read everything to do so.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com