Re: Are pipelines in the same library visible to each other?

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:59:09 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> was heard to say:
| No, we don't agree. This should be legal too.
|
| Order doesn't matter when I write templates in XSLT, element
| declarations in XML Schema, definitions in RELAX NG, functions or
| methods in virtually any other programming language you care to
| mention. It shouldn't here.

Well, as it stands right now, you always know when you encounter

  <ex:foo/>

whether it's a step, an ignored element, or an error. That's true
because pipelines and libraries require step declarations to occur
before subpipelines.

I think I agree that if we're going to allow pipelines declared in the
same library to see each other, we shouldn't make order significant.