In-scope namespaces and parameter values

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:58:11 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
On the last call, Alex asked about making sure that the in-scope
namespaces were kept with each p:parameter so that it would be
possible for steps to interpret QNames in values correctly.

I can't think of a good way to make this work.

In particular, I don't know of any APIs that allow you to do this.

Consider

Does anyone know of an XSLT engine which accepts a set of parameters
with different in-scope namespaces for each parameter?

If the *XProc processor* knows that the value of a parameter (or
option) is a QName, then it can do the right thing, but I don't think
we need to say anything special about that case.