authentication on http-requests

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:16:51 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

I'd like to add at least a  'username' and 'password' attribute to
c:http-request
so that an "Authorization" header can be generated as appropriate.

The minimum semantics would be that a p:http-request must respond to
an authentication challenge if the authorization credentials are given.

Optionally, we could add a "auth-method" attribute that would take
"basic" or "digest".  If that attribute is specified, an
"Authorization" header would
be generated on the first request to avoid a challenge response and
resending of the request.