Re: p:input vs. p:parameter-input

Norman Walsh wrote:
> * I think we should use paramters="yes|no" to indicate whether or not
>   a particular input port is only for parameters.

Just thinking to the future, I wonder whether we should use

   kind="normal|parameters"

instead. I'm just thinking that *some day* we might want to have input
ports of other kinds, to accept in-scope options and namespaces, perhaps
errors, I don't know. Using kind="normal|parameters" means that we could
add to the list of input port kinds without having lots of
co-constrained attributes on <p:input>.

(I suggest 'kind' rather than 'type' because we might want to use that
to do some kind of schema-related checking of the documents that are
passed on the port.)

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison