Re: p:input vs. p:parameter-input

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:50:45 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh writes:

> / ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) was heard to say:
> | . . .
> | I can live with all this -- I note that the combination of the last
> | two means in practice that 'parameters' is not allowed on the "call"
> | to a step.
> I don't follow. If the step being called has a parameter input, then
> they can use it, they simply use p:input to do so.

What I mean is that the following is not allowed:

   . . .
  . . .

[yes, we could allow that, but not "parameters='no'", but that would
just be silly, I think.  Both RelaxNG and XSDL can express the
necessary context-dependent constraint.]

- --
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)