Re: position() after match in component

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:56:00 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| On 6/7/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
[...]
|> However, we want to be able to stream many of our microsteps. On that
|> basis, I'd be in favor of saying that the context position and context
|> size are both 1 when the replace expression is evaluated in
|> p:string-replace (and in analagous situations on other steps).
|
| I think like Jeni (for her position on last()) for this one :
| We should give a minimum but no maximum (even if it is a nightmare for
| interoperability) on what we expect
| It would just be a dynamic error (or out of memory error)

I don't understand what you mean. We have to set the context size to
some value >= context position. Are you suggesting that we perform
the lookahead or set context size to MAXINT?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Doubt is to certainty as neurosis is to
http://nwalsh.com/            | psychosis. The neurotic is in doubt and