Proposed dynamic error: a select that doesn't select nodes

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:11:29 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
I propose that a select expression on a p:input (or it's synonyms)
which does not select a set of nodes is a dynamic error.

In other words, you can't do this:

It follows, I think, that any use of a select expression on an input
bound to p:empty is always going to raise this error. But I'm not
inclined to add that as a static error.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Anger ventilated often hurries towards
http://nwalsh.com/            | forgiveness; anger concealed often