Re: Defaulting and syntactic shortcuts

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:07:36 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| Furthermore, I think that @select would become VERY interesting in the
| future when we potentially would allow more that just strings....

No matter what we allow in the future, the value of the select
attribute will always be just a string. I don't see any future in
which select="anyexpr" is different from value="{anyexpr}"?
Well, not any XML future anyway :-)

| So, I agree AVT are nice, but I'm not in favor of making @select
| deprecated in any way

We agreed yesterday not to do AVTs for the Last Call draft. I suppose
we could be persuaded by last call comments to change our minds.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Every new beginning comes from some
http://nwalsh.com/            | other beginning's end.