Re: p:map

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:14:24 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

On 7/18/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, but we need *at least* to explain how OASIS Catalogs would
> interact with steps
>
> Because, are you saying that depending on the implementation of XProc,
> some would take care of a catalog and some not at all ?

Do we?  If you use the apache commons catalog resolver in for URI resolution, it
is pretty obvious what at least one sensible semantic would be for
an  implementor.  That is, that they redirect the URI resolve as specified
by the catalog (e.g. change a http URI into a local file).

If an implementor provides a URI resolver API, a user of that implementor
can control URI resolution.  If a step uses that URI resolver, then they
have complete control.

There are so many factors in how a user might deploy a pipeline that I don't
think we can dictate how catalogs are used.

Is there a basic use case that you want to see covered?  Maybe we can step
back a bit and see if there is something we do need to do in V1.