p:make-uris-absolute

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:30:05 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Jeni proposes[1]

Another step that I remember Henry mentioning at the F2F many moons ago
was a 'make-uris-absolute' step like this:

The result of this step is a document that's identical to the source
document, except for the attributes and elements matched by the match
pattern. Any attribute or element matched by the match pattern is
interpreted as a URI, and is turned into an absolute URI based on the
base URI of its parent element (if the matched node is an attribute) or
the element itself (if the matched node is an element). If the matched
node is an element, the string value of the element is used as the
relative URI, and the only content of the copy of the element will be a
single text node child with the value of the absolute URI.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007Jun/0118.html

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Graduate school is where you learn to
http://nwalsh.com/            | call a spade a leveraged