p:add-xml-base-attributes

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:29:31 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Jeni proposes[1]:

This doesn't help when I don't know what the base URI of the document
is in the first place. I think we should have a step that annotates a
document with suitable xml:base attributes:

The result of this step is a document that's identical to the source
document, except that it adds xml:base attributes to elements. If
'all-elements' is 'no' (the default), it only adds xml:base to the
document element and to every element whose base URI is different from
that of its parent. If 'all-elements' is 'yes', it adds xml:base to
all the elements in the document.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007Jun/0118.html

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Nature is amoral, not immoral. [It]