Do we need port="*" anymore?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:20:17 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Declare-step says that one input can have port="*" to accept an
arbitrary number of inputs and one output can have port="*" to produce
an arbitrary number of outputs.

Since we switched to the element syntax for input bindings, I don't
think we need port="*" on inputs anymore. And since we now forbid
p:output from appearing in atomic steps, I don't think there's any
value in port="*" on outputs either.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | In the life of saints, technically so
http://nwalsh.com/            | called, the spiritual facilities are