Re: HTML Parsing Step?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:02:21 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| At the end of our e-mail discussion in May I suggested we have a separate
| step for parsing HTML.  I still think this is a good idea.  Anyone else?

So this is the equivalent of "tidy" not the equivalent of "tagsoup",
right?

I guess I'm ok with this, but I wonder if we'll need a
vocabulary-agnostic cleanup step too. Maybe not.

I guess the next step is to propose a specific step with a description
and the options you think it needs.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A wonder is often expressed that the
http://nwalsh.com/            | greatest criminals look like other men.