Re: XSLT Component

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:04:41 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 1/31/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> A smart implementation can do the right thing a choose the right
> processor.  I did that in smallx in that XSLT 1.0 was handled by my version
> of  XT and XSLT 2.0 was handled by saxon.

I agree.

I just have some doubts about the warning mechanism. I am referring
to: "An implementations are allowed to use and XSLT 2.0 processor to
run an XSLT 1.0 transformation but a warning must be issued". I would
prefer, like Norm suggested, to have an optional parameter that the
pipeline author can set to say that he really wants to use an 1.0
engine or a 2.0 engine, whatever the version attribute in the
stylesheet says. In most cases pipeline authors won't need to worry
about this parameter and everything will work for them as expected.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web Forms for the Enterprise, Done the Right Way
http://www.orbeon.com/